Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Where the goats never sleep

a view from our back window the other night

Well as the title says, our "backyard" or the desert behind our house is the home to an unowned roving band of goats, that sustain themselves off of cardboard and trash. They are pretty ragged and look like they have never seen better days. Last night as I lay awake listening to the dying noises they were making I tried to imagine that it was crickets in Winthrop (didn't work out too well). However I couldn't go out side and shoo them away for fear or spooking the neighbors temperamental camel. Welcome to Egypt...


Besides a few sleepless nights, Dahab has been going great, I have been getting at least 2 dives a day and sometime an optional 3 dive. Last night I went on my first night dive, really cool but very erie. I got to see plenty of lionfish hunting and managed to spot a Giant moray eel. I also got to experience Bioluminecence(sp) for the first time, a magical experience. To see this the whole group turns off their torches and then when you wave your hands the water glows around them.

Taxi rides = bed of a truck

Southern oasis

On the way to the Blue Hole

Retro Padi promotional poster...

No comments:

Post a Comment