Tuesday, January 25, 2011

From Bangkok to the Beach


I have spent the last week trying to find some interwebz that were fast enought to upload pictures and everytime I thought I had the connection would fail. One computer even gave me a bit of an electrical shock when I plugged caitlin's camera into the usb port (luckily all the pictures are still on its memory and my heart is still beating). So im guessing that while im typing this, the connection is going to slow and you may end up with only one or two picture. I guess we will see... (edit guess not)


Anyways, since the last post Caitlin and I have definitely covered a lot of ground, ate a ton of tasty thai food, enjoyed some amazing beaches and watched some of the best sunsets i have ever seen...The night before we left Bangkok we decided to go out on a limb and head into the downtown area to a place called the Moon Bar. It turned out to be an open air restaurant on the 59(top) floor of a very swanky hotel. I was in a tanktop and swim trunks, barely surviving the heat and Caitlin was in a summer dress and flip flops. We took the elevator to the the top only to find there was a dress code.... Lukily I had pants and a tshirt and they had clogs to loan to Caitlin. so we were in. The views of Bangkok were great and really showed the size of the city.



We left bangkok the following evening for the beach and decided on a bus to be the best option. It cost only around 500 baht for a 12 hour ride to Khoa Lak and it would save us one nights lodging. At least it sounded great ahead of time... The bus was kept at near freezing temps (everyone was dressed for winter with blankets) and the TV was blasting even though not one person was watching. So much for sleeping... but, after a long cold night we made it and after finally settling in could finally enjoy the beach.


Over the next couple days we explored the small town and even rented a scooter to visit some remote beaches and a nice waterfall outside of town.



As of now we have traveled further south to Phuket and settled on Kata beach. however its off to the beach for me now so writing will have to wait.

PS (madeline and daniel) The Thai bus service does do one thing right. They remove the crust from their sandwiches. Please add one to my tally.

No comments:

Post a Comment